A mini “application” that lets the user draw sounds, rhythm and melodic patterns by hand using a single camera and the computer. It separates blue and red colors, and let’s You easily manipulate the sequences by just moving, rotating, covering or changing the paper beneath the camera.
- a video presenting it for first
How to get it?
The application is free to use and to develop. The patch, made with MaxMSP/Jitter, can be downloaded below. Any tips and recommendations welcome!
- Mac: standalone
- Mac: MaxMSP/Jitter patch + collective etc. for 4.6 and above (i think it should work on every 5. and 6.) • if You don’t have MaxMSP, it’s enough to download the runtime here in order to run the collective
- Windows: standalone (if somebody can help to build and send me, then would be gratefully, anyway needs Quicktime to run)
- Windows: MaxMSP/Jitter patch + collective for 5 (collective doesn’t needs external objects; both needs Quicktime, MaxMSP/Jitter runtime, and many time;)
How to use it?
1. “hardware” setup:
a. just take a piece of paper, and colored pens. currently this software plays red and blue colored objects differently and parallel, so it’s a good start to get such a colored pens.
b. You’ll need a camera as well: webcam or video camera connected via usb, firewire etc…
c. if they’re together, place the camera on a fix position, and turn on. if possible, set white balance, connect to the computer etc.
2. software setup: if connected and working, load this app and select the camera on the top left dropdown menu. choose “open” then click on and hopefully will see the camera image on the small “monitor” window. set brightness, contrast, saturation and sensitivity if needed to separate the drawing and the background noise of the video, and if it’s ok, You can begin to work..